Children Available for Adoption in Bulgaria
- The children of Bulgaria are beautiful, having olive complexions, brown eyes and brown hair.
- Boys and girls 2-5 years and older are available.
- Sibling groups available.
- Short wait time for older children and children with special needs.
To view our photolisting and profiles of our Bulgaria Waiting Children click here
Travel Requirements for a Bulgaria Adoption
- Bulgaria requires two short trips.
- The first trip is approximately 7 days.
- The second trip is approximately 7-10 days and occurs 3-5 months after the first trip.
- Only one parent is required to travel on the 2nd trip.
Time Frame for a Bulgaria Adoption
- Approximate time frame from application through finalization of the adoption is 24 to 36 months for children 3 and under, and up to 18 months for older children.
- For correctable special needs children the wait is approx. 12+ months.
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a Bulgaria Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports following social worker visits at 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months.