Click here for the New Inter-Country Adoption Updates 12-5-14
- CCCWA (China Center for Children's Welfare and Adoption) posts available children on their website monthly. In addition, they also have over 1500 children currently listed, ready for their forever families.
- Children are all diagnosed with medical conditions. Some are more mild than others (eg. congenital heart disease, cleft lip and palate, hepatitis, vision loss, hearing loss, developmental delays, albinism, limb deformities, urogenital conditions). You can adopt two unrelated children at the same time.
- China allows the adopting parent/parents to choose the age, gender and need they would like to accept. You will work with the staff at EAC to make sure that China is the right fit for your family. EAC is proud that we have bi-lingual staff that understands both cultures. You will also receive a consultant to walk you through every step! EAC has been working with China since 1993. We can't wait to introduce you to the China staff at EAC...call today! Toll Free: 1-866-586-5656.
CHINA NEWS UPDATES
Introducing our new China program Zhou's Angels!
Click below for more information!
China Waiting Child Adoption Procedure
Last Steps in China
Now that your adoption is complete, there are a few more steps to take before coming home:
- Initial Paper Work for a China Adoption
- Paperwork is logged in, at CCCWA for your China Adoption.
- Waiting Period for Referral for a China Adoption
- This matching process usually takes 18-24 months for a referral. Boys are much faster and often much younger. Families talk to Karla, Chris, and Nancy, other families, and their doctor. This is an exciting part of the process.
- EAC's Match Process for a China Adoption
- Children with special needs who are available for international adoption are posted on the CCCWA website. EAC matches a family with a referral according to the families request.
- Prospective adoptive parents and international specialist view the medical, growth records and a photo of the child. After the family accepts this child, EAC submits the online application.
- Apply for the Child to be Found Eligible for Adoption:
- You will file to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for provisional approval (Form I-800). USCIS will confirm the child is eligible to be adopted and enter the United States.
- Travel to China
- After EAC receives a Travel Approval Notice (TA) from CCCWA, EAC will request an Embassy appointment and begin making travel arrangements.
- Prospective parents must have this travel approval in hand before departing for China to finalize the adoption.
- Chris, Karla, and Nancy will prepare you for your trip.
- Families travel in groups, and often form new extended EAC families.
- Families meet Uncle Zhou in Beijing, go sight-seeing and prepare for meeting your child for the first time!
- Birth Certificate
- You will apply for a Chinese birth certificate.
- Chinese Passport
- Your child is not yet a U.S. citizen, so he/she will need a passport from China.
- U.S. Immigrant Visa
- You will go to the U.S Embassy to obtain a visa for the child. This immigrant visa allows your child to travel
home with you.
- Child Citizenship Act
- For adoptions finalized abroad: The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 allows your child to acquire American citizenship when he or she enters the United States as lawful U.S. citizens (providing both parents traveled to China).
- Help Desk
- When you return home, there will be many changes for you and your child. EAC is still here to help. Just call the office and talk with Deb, our social worker.
Travel Requirements for a China Adoption
- One trip (2 weeks) travel with Mr. Zhou and other EAC families to China
- One parent can travel with Power of Attorney
Time Frame for a China Adoption
- Homestudy and CIS - 3-4 months.
- Referral for girls 18-24 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Referral for boys 0-3 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Travel 4-6 months after referral.
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a China Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports monthly to EAC. Social worker visits must be done at 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, 48 months, 60 months, after the completion of adoption.