Children Available for Adoption in China
- Boys and Girls available, 12 months-12 years of age. (Infant boys are immediately available)
- Most of the children over 5 years old have already received their surgeries.
- 2 children can be adopted together
- Wide range of correctable conditions
If you would like more information on these China Waiting Children please click here
For single women wanting to adopt from China please click the button below to read the requirements for single women.
Single Women Requirements
China Waiting Child Adoption Procedure
Last Steps in China
Now that your adoption is complete, there are a few more steps to take before coming home:
- Initial Paper Work for a China Adoption
- Paperwork is logged in, at CCCWA for your China Adoption.
- Waiting Period for Referral for a China Adoption
- This matching process usually takes 6-12 months for a referral. Boys are much faster and often much younger. Families talk to Karla and Chris, other families, and their doctor. This is an exciting part of the process.
- The Match Process for a China Adoption
- Children with special needs who are available for international adoption are posted on the CCCWA website. EAC matches a family with a referral according to the families request.
- Prospective adoptive parents and international specialist view the medical, growth records and a photo of the child. After the family accepts this child, EAC submits the online application.
- Apply for the Child to be Found Eligible for Adoption:
- You will file to the Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for provisional approval (Form I-800). USCIS will confirm the child is eligible to be adopted and enter the United States.
- Travel to China
- After EAC receives a Travel Approval Notice (TA) from CCCWA, EAC will request an Embassy appointment and begin making travel arrangements.
- Prospective parents must have this travel approval in hand before departing for China to finalize the adoption.
- Chris and Karla will prepare you for your trip.
- Families travel in groups, and often form new extended EAC families.
- Families meet Uncle Zhou in Beijing, go sight-seeing and prepare for meeting your child for the first time!
- Birth Certificate
- You will apply for a Chinese birth certificate.
- Chinese Passport
- Your child is not yet a U.S. citizen, so he/she will need a passport from China.
- U.S. Immigrant Visa
- You will go to the U.S Embassy to obtain a visa for the child. This immigrant visa allows your child to travel
home with you.
- Child Citizenship Act
- For adoptions finalized abroad: The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 allows your child to acquire American citizenship when he or she enters the United States as lawful U.S. citizens (providing both parents traveled to China).
- Help Desk
- When you return home, there will be many changes for you and your child. EAC is still here to help. Just call the office and talk with Deb, our social worker.
Travel Requirements for a China Adoption
- One trip (2 weeks) travel with Mr. Zhou and the EAC families to China
- One parent can travel with Power of Attorney
Time Frame for a China Adoption
- Homestudy and CIS - 3-4 months.
- Referral for girls 6-12 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Referral for boys 0-4 months after dossier has been sent to CCCWA.
- Travel 4-6 months after referral.
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a China Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports monthly to EAC. Social worker visits must be done at 1 month, 6 months, 12 months, 24 months, 36 months, 60 months, after the completion of adoption.