- Children age 6 months to 10 yrs available.
- Sibling groups and older children are available for immediate placement.
| Child Age
|Age of Adoptive Parent
| 25-38 years
| 39-41 years
| 60-83 months
| 42-45 years
| 46-49 years
|Special needs child
| 25-55 years
If applying for two brothers, the maximum age of the applicant is raised by
two years in order to give more groups of siblings the chance to find a family.
- Requests for children with special needs are given priority. Once the file is
complete, the process of referring a child will take three months.
- In the following circumstances, the parent must be older than 25 and there must
be at least a 15 year age difference between the parent and the child.
The chart above is not applicable in the following circumstances:
- The parent is applying for 3 or more siblings.
- The parent is applying for 2 brothers, one of which is older than 8.
- The parent is applying for a child who is older than 8 and does not have a disability.
- The parent is applying for a child with a physical or mental disability of any age.
- The parent is applying for a child with a permanent, disease (such as cardiac, or renal disease, HIV, etc.)
- One trip – 4-8 weeks.
- One of the parents may return to U.S. while the other parent waits in Colombia for finalization process.
- Single parents must remain till process is complete.
- Wait time is approx. 9-18 months for the orphanage care program.
- Wait time is approx. 12-48 months for ICBF program, dependent upon age of child/children requested.
Post Adoptive Requirements
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports following social worker visits at 4 months, 8 months, 12 months.