Children Available for Adoption in Haiti
- Children ages 3 months and up are in urgent need of permanent, loving families.
Most of the children have no permanent health or developmental concerns, but we need
families for children with special needs as well.
Travel Requirements for a Haiti Adoption
- Families will have 2 trips to Haiti
- 1st trip, 2 week bonding period
- 2nd trip, 3-4 days
- Families will be picked up at Port-au-Prince airport by English speaking staff.
- First trip - they will travel to the creche (orphanage), which are licensed by the Central Authority (IBESR)
where they will be able to meet and bond with their child.
- Second trip - the adoption will be completed by the attorney and the family will be able to bring their child home.
Time Frame for a Haiti Adoption
- After submission of dossier by an accredited agency to IBESR a referral is made
- 7-12 months after the referral the adoption is completed in Haiti