Children Available for Adoption in Honduras
- The children of Honduras have olive to dark or semi dark complexions, dark eyes and dark hair.
- Children 2-10 years are available.
- Sibling groups are available, older sibling groups of 2 or 3 children are immediately available, they wait for families!
Travel Requirements for a Honduras Adoption
- Honduras requires three short trips.
- The first trip is approximately 7-10 days. Parents receive their referral and undergo family interview and psychological examination. Parents also visit with the child and go to court.
- The second trip is approximately 2 months later and lasts about 5-7 days. Parents will sign paperwork on this trip.
- The third trip is approximately 2 weeks long and takes place 2-3 weeks after the 2nd trip and consists of U.S. Embassy appointment.
- Both parents are required to travel on the first and second trip to meet the child/children.
- One parent may travel on the third trip with proper power of attorney, after child's passport is issued.
- Our experienced English speaking staff is there to help you every step of the way!
Time Frame for a Honduras Adoption
- Approximate time frame from approval of dossier in country to finalization of adoption is approximately 24-30 months as of now.
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a Honduras Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports following social worker visits at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, and 12 months; followed by semi-annual reports at 18 and 24 months. Annual reports are to be submitted until minor turns 18 years of age.