Children Available for Adoption in India
- Boys and girls 12 months of age and older are available.
- Sibling groups may be available.
Additional Information for a India Adoption
- When your child is assigned (referred) to you, you will receive his/her picture
and all available health information including a child study. At the time you will
be asked to confirm in writing your acceptance of your child to EAC and the Indian
adoption officials. After your written acceptance is received in India along with your
dossier, the official legal work begins. If for any reason you refuse to accept your
referral, the Indian adoption officials have the discretion of making a further assignment
or refusing to do so based on their judgement.
- Although you may request a specific age, the are no guarantees that you will receive the
exact age requested. Indian adoption officials will try to honor your request and our staff
in India advocates on your behalf to the Indian adoption officials.
Travel Requirements for a India Adoption
- 1 trip, 7-10 days.
- Both parents are required to travel.
Time Frame for a India Adoption
- Wait time is approx. 18 months
- Less for older children, siblings and correctable special needs.
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a India Adoption
- All families must submit post-adoptive reports following social worker visits at 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 24 months.