EAC is working in cooperation with the Department of Youth & Child Affairs to complete adoptions from Uganda. The Uganda program is currently needing many new families! There are many orphans waiting for a forever family.
Adoptions from Uganda continue to go smoothly. As EAC has been completing quality adoptions over the last year, the number of referrals and completed adoption is poised to rise!
To accommodate the increase in the number of referrals, we will need families to provide loving homes for these beautiful children!
Adopting from Uganda is an excellent opportunity if you, or someone you know, are/is interested in international adoption!
Help the Children of Uganda
Children Available for Adoption in Uganda
- Boys and girls, Infants, toddlers and children up to 15 years of age. The average age of children is around 3 years of age.
- There are many sibling groups that are waiting for a family.
- Relatively healthy and special needs children available
- Children in orphanage care due to abandonment or relinquishment as a result of social or cultural concerns, extreme poverty and/or loss of parent(s)
- Each child receives a medical screening for HIV/AIDS and other illnesses prior to referral
- At time of referral, families receive a child study that includes health and development assessment, family and social history, and photo.
Travel Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- 1st trip of 2-3 weeks (Court)
- 2nd trip of 7-14 days (Embassy)
- Trips can be combined for approximately 6 weeks
- Both parents required to travel, one parent may return to the US after the legal guardianship order is issued.
Time Frame for a Uganda Adoption
- 2-6 months from dossier to referral
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- Post placement reporting required by Uganda and EAC
- Parents register adoption with the Ugandan Embassy in Washington D.C.
- Adoption finalized according to state law where parent(s) reside