EAC is working in cooperation with the Department of Youth & Child Affairs to complete adoptions from Uganda. The Uganda program is currently needing many new families! There are many orphans waiting for a forever family.
February 2014 -
Debra and Robin are in Uganda! Check out more about their trip in their blog here!
Help the Children of Uganda
Children Available for Adoption in Uganda
- Boys and girls, Infants, toddlers and children up to 15 years of age. The average age of children is around 3 years of age.
- There are many sibling groups that are waiting for a family.
- Relatively healthy and special needs children available
- Children in orphanage care due to abandonment or relinquishment as a result of social or cultural concerns, extreme poverty and/or loss of parent(s)
- Each child receives a medical screening for HIV/AIDS and other illnesses prior to referral
- At time of referral, families receive a child study that includes health and development assessment, family and social history, and photo.
Travel Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- 1st trip of 2-3 weeks (Court)
- 2nd trip of 7-14 days (Embassy)
- Trips can be combined for approximately 6 weeks
- Both parents required to travel, one parent may return to the US after the legal guardianship order is issued.
Time Frame for a Uganda Adoption
- 2-6 months from dossier to referral
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- Post placement reporting required by Uganda and EAC
- Parents register adoption with the Ugandan Embassy in Washington D.C.
- Adoption finalized according to state law where parent(s) reside