EAC is working in cooperation with the Department of Youth & Child Affairs to complete adoption process from Uganda.
Uganda Program continue to go smoothly. As EAC has been assisting families in bringing their children home under an Order of Legal Guardianship over the last year, the number of referrals is poised to rise!
12 children home in 2014!
Adopting from Uganda is an excellent opportunity if you, or someone you know, are/is interested in international adoption!
Help the Children of Uganda
Travel Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- 1st trip of 2-3 weeks (Court)
- 2nd trip of 7-14 days (Embassy)
- Trips can be combined for approximately 6-8 weeks
- Both parents required to travel, one parent may return to the US after the legal guardianship order and child(ren)'s passport is issued.
Time Frame for a Uganda Adoption
- 2-12 months from dossier to referral
Post Adoptive Requirements
Post Adoptive Requirements for a Uganda Adoption
- Post placement reporting required by Uganda and EAC
- Parents register adoption with the Ugandan Embassy in Washington D.C.
- Adoption finalized according to state law where parent(s) reside